Jon Hilliman, Elijhaa Penny expected to split Giants' backfield work Thursday
New York Giants running backs Jon Hilliman and Elijhaa Penny are expected to split backfield snaps on Thursday night against the New England Patriots, per Jordan Raanan of ESPN.
Wayne Gallman is joining Saquon Barkley (ankle) on the sidelines after suffering a concussion last week, leaving Hilliman and Penny to carry the load. Alex Tanner was also called up from the practice squad to provide insurance. Hilliman averaged 2.2 yards on 9 rush attempts in Week 5 and out-snapped Penny 43-20. Penny had 3 carries for 15 yards and a catch for 9 yards. This is a situation to avoid against one of the best defenses the Patriots have fielded in years.
The Patriots have only allowed 12.1 FanDuel points per game to opposing backfields this season. Hilliman is the RB24 and Penny is the RB44 in numberFire's Week 6 fantasy rankings.
- Green Bay's Aaron Jones accounts for 192 yards and 1 touchdown in Week 14 December 8th, 2019
- Denver's Drew Lock throws 3 touchdowns in Week 14's upset over Houston December 8th, 2019
- Atlanta's Calvin Ridley (abdominal) ruled out for remainder of Week 14's game against Carolina December 8th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Jameis Winston (hand) questionable to return in Week 14 December 8th, 2019
- Dolphins' Albert Wilson (head) questionable to return in Week 14 December 8th, 2019
- Washington's Derrius Guice (knee) will not return in Week 14 December 8th, 2019
- Giants' Evan Engram (foot) will not play in Week 14's matchup against Eagles December 7th, 2019
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle) ruled out, Eli Manning officially starting in Week 14 December 7th, 2019
- Giants' Golden Tate clears concussion protocol before Week 14 December 6th, 2019
- Giants' Golden Tate (concussion) practices in full Thursday December 5th, 2019
- Evan Engram (foot) expected back for Giants on Monday December 4th, 2019
- Daniel Jones (ankle) in walking boot, Eli Manning 'very likely' to start for Giants Week 14 December 4th, 2019