Sterling Shepard (concussion) reportedly ruled out Week 7 for Giants
New York Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepard (concussion) won't be cleared for Week 7 against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, reports ESPN's Jordan Raanan.
Shepard has been able to practice on a limited basis this week, but he's still in the concussion protocol and appears headed for a second straight absence. The receiver suffered two concussions in a four-week span. Golden Tate, Darius Slayton, and Cody Latimer will likely log the most wide receiver snaps for New York on Sunday.
The Cardinals are tied with the Philadelphia Eagles for giving up the third-most receiving yards per game this season. Shep has 25 catches for 267 yards and 1 touchdown on 34 targets in four games this season.
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Darin Ruf out of San Francisco's Saturday lineup against Atlanta September 18th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley plays 84% of snaps in Giants loss September 17th, 2021
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley (knee) active for Giants on Thursday Night Football September 16th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021