Patriots sign Nick Folk; Mike Nugent cut
The New England Patriots have signed veteran kicker Nick Folk ahead of the team's Week 9 game against the Baltimore Ravens.
Veteran kicker Mike Nugent, who came in following the injury to Stephen Gostkowski, has been cut in a corresponding move. Nugent made just five of his eight field goal attempts over the last four weeks, and he also missed an extra point. Folk, who most recently kicked for the Arizona Hotshots, will hope to be more steady for the best team in football.
In his last NFL season (2017), Folk made 6-of-11 field goal attempts and 7-of-9 extra-point attempts in four games.
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) questionable for Week 1 showdown with Miami September 10th, 2021
- Nelson Agholor (ankle) doesn't practice for Patriots Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson dealing with dislocated thumb September 8th, 2021