Washington places Vernon Davis (concussion) on injured reserve
Washington Redskins tight end Vernon Davis' season is over after he was placed on injured reserve ahead of the team's Week 12 game against the Detroit Lions.
Davis hasn't played since Week 4 with a concussion, and it seems as though the Redskins are finally ready to pull the plug. Jeremy Sprinkle will continue to be the main option at tight end.
In four games this season, Davis has 10 catches for 123 yards and a touchdown.
- David Montgomery seen as Bears' feature back February 25th, 2020
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) 'about 2.5-3 months' from total clearance February 23rd, 2020
- Bears reportedly release Taylor Gabriel on Friday February 21st, 2020
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) not cleared to play, remains in protocol February 17th, 2020
- Paul Richardson reportedly cut by Redskins after two seasons February 14th, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release cornerback Josh Norman on Friday February 14th, 2020
- Washington's Vernon Davis announces his retirement after 14 seasons February 2nd, 2020
- Washington's Alex Smith (leg) wants to return to field December 30th, 2019