Chiefs' Spencer Ware (shoulder) placed on IR
Kansas City Chiefs running back Spencer Ware has been placed on IR with a shoulder injury.
Ware's injured shoulder will keep him from seeing the field any more for the Chiefs this season. Following his return to the team, Ware mixed into the backfield rotation for three weeks but was largely ineffective. In his absence, the Chiefs will move forward with Damien Williams, rookie Darwin Thompson, and LeSean McCoy, who was inactive in Week 16, at running back. Defensive lineman Xavier Williams was activated from IR to fill Ware's roster spot.
Ware will finish his 2019 season with 17 carries for 51 yards and 5 receptions for 22 yards in three games played.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Tyreek Hill goes for 201 all-purpose yards in Chiefs' wild win September 12th, 2021
- Kyler Murray dominates Titans in Cardinals' blowout victory September 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) practices in full Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) logs full practice on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) limited on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) expected to play in Week 1 September 6th, 2021