Christian McCaffrey rushes for 1 touchdown, completes his bid for historic 1,000/1,000 season in Week 17
Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey had 9 carries for 26 yards and 1 touchdown on the ground, and 7 catches for 72 yards through the air in a 10-42 loss the New Orleans Saints in Week 17.
McCaffrey survived the horrible quarterback play of Will Grier to get the 67 receiving yards he needed to become the third player in NFL history to reach the 1,000/1,000 mark in a season. He joins Marshall Faulk (1999) and Roger Craig (1985) on that list, and it could be easily argued he did it with far less support than either of them had. McCaffrey was one of the lone bright spots for the Panthers this season and has cemented his place as the most dynamic skill position player in the game today.
McCaffrey will finish the season with a final stat line of 287 carries for 1,387 yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground, and 116 receptions for 1,005 yards and 4 touchdowns through the air.
- Devin Singletary capable of being "the workload guy" April 8th, 2020
- Chiefs, DeAndre Washington agree to one-year contract April 8th, 2020
- Seahawks re-sign Jordan Simmons April 8th, 2020
- Falcons' John Cominsky to have increased role April 8th, 2020
- A.J. Green 'fully healthy' for Bengals April 8th, 2020
- Bengals' Drew Sample expected to make 'significant jump' April 8th, 2020
- Panthers have had internal talks over Christian McCaffrey's contract April 6th, 2020
- Robby Anderson, Panthers reportedly agree on $20 million deal March 24th, 2020
- Panthers reportedly releasing Cam Newton on Tuesday March 24th, 2020
- Washington reportedly acquires Kyle Allen from Panthers March 23rd, 2020
- Panthers reportedly pick up XFL's P.J. Walker March 23rd, 2020
- Seth DeValve reportedly signs with Panthers March 20th, 2020