Browns' Odell Beckham under arrest for touching officer
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham has an arrest warrant accusing him of simple battery stemming from an interaction he had with a police officer Monday night in New Orleans.
Beckham was seen on camera slapping a police officer on the butt while celebrating LSU's National Championship victory. The crime calls for up to six months in prison and a maximum fine of $1,000, depending on conviction, but it's also expugnable for first-time offenders. The Cleveland Browns acknowledged their awareness of the situation in an official statement.
Beckham caught 74 passes on 133 targets for 1,035 yards and 4 touchdowns in 16 games for the Browns this season. His 64.7 yards per game set a new career-low. The receptions were also Beckham's fewest in a season he played more than four games.
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) 'about 2.5-3 months' from total clearance February 23rd, 2020
- Bears reportedly release Taylor Gabriel on Friday February 21st, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reinstated by NFL February 12th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham under arrest for touching officer January 16th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (illness) active for Week 17 game against Bengals December 29th, 2019
- Browns' Odell Beckham Jr. (illness) questionable for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Browns place Dontrell Hilliard (knee) on injured reserve December 24th, 2019