Leonard Floyd released by Bears
The Chicago Bears released linebacker Leonard Floyd.
The move clears $13.2 million in cap space. Floyd recorded career-lows in sacks (3.0) and tackles for loss (3) last season despite starting all 16 games. The former top-10 pick will be 28 at the start of next season.
Floyd had 12 quarterback hits and 26 pressures last season, both up from his 2018 numbers. Per Pro Football Focus, Floyd has never produced a pass-rush grade above 65.0 nor finished in the 50th percentile in that metric in any given season.
- Baltimore's Marquise Brown (ankle) remains sidelined on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe, ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Rams: Darrell Henderson still set for significant role August 26th, 2021
- Rams acquire Sony Michel from Patriots for pair of picks August 25th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (thumb) donning non-contact jersey August 24th, 2021
- Update: Rams' Darrell Henderson (thumb) day-to-day August 23rd, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (thumb/hand) leaves practice early Monday August 23rd, 2021
- Rams appear 'all-in' on Darrell Henderson August 13th, 2021