Jason Witten reportedly joining Raiders in Las Vegas
The Oakland Raiders signed tight end Jason Witten, formerly of the Dallas Cowboys, to a 1-year contract worth up to $4.75 million, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Witten will don a different jersey for the first time after 16 seasons with Dallas. Coming off career-lows in yards per reception (8.4) and yards per target (6.4), Witten should struggle for targets behind Darren Waller and Foster Moreau. However, the Monday Night Football booth kinship shared with Raiders head coach Jon Gruden could overcome common sense. Witten will be 38 in May.
Witten averaged 6.8 FanDuel points per game last season. Among the 41 tight ends with at least 30 targets, Witten was 33rd in yards per target.
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (core) returning to practice ahead of Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) considered day-to-day September 27th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) out for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) doubtful for Week 3's game against Dolphins September 24th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (ankle) registers DNP for Raiders again September 23rd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Derek Carr (ankle) questionable for Week 3 September 20th, 2021