Rams reportedly sign Leonard Floyd for $10 million
The Los Angeles Rams signed linebacker Leonard Floyd, formerly of the Chicago Bears, to a 1-year, $10 million contract, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
The deal carries a maximum value of $13 million. Floyd will be asked to replace the production of Dante Fowler, who signed with the Atlanta Falcons. He will be reunited with new Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley, who was Floyd's position coach with the Bears in 2017 and 2018. The former top-10 pick recorded career-lows in sacks (3.0) and tackles for loss (3) last season despite starting all 16 games.
Floyd had 12 quarterback hits and 26 pressures last season, both up from his 2018 numbers. Per Pro Football Focus, Floyd has never produced a pass-rush grade above 65.0 nor finished in the 50th percentile in that metric in any given season.
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Rams: Darrell Henderson still set for significant role August 26th, 2021
- Rams acquire Sony Michel from Patriots for pair of picks August 25th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (thumb) donning non-contact jersey August 24th, 2021
- Update: Rams' Darrell Henderson (thumb) day-to-day August 23rd, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (thumb/hand) leaves practice early Monday August 23rd, 2021