Saints reportedly retain Marshon Lattimore
The New Orleans Saints exercised defensive back Marshon Lattimore's fifth-year team option for 2021, reports Field Yates of ESPN.
The move gives the Saints more time to lock Lattimore up to a long-term deal. The 2017 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year dealt with some hamstring issues last season, but he remains one of the better corners in the league and is only entering his age-24 campaign. Lattimore recorded 1 interception and 14 pass deflections in 14 games last season.
Lattimore graded 53rd among cornerbacks in the league last season, per Pro Football Focus. He allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete 50.0 percent of their passes for 7.0 yards per target, both improvements from 2018.
- Tim Jernigan becomes a free agent after deal with Texans falls through June 2nd, 2020
- Seahawks sign tight end Colby Parkinson to 4-year rookie contract June 2nd, 2020
- Dolphins' Malcolm Perry signs rookie deal June 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne could see extension from 49ers June 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert due for new deal June 2nd, 2020
- Eagles' Boston Scott competing for larger role June 2nd, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Jay Glazer: Taysom Hill next in line for Saints May 20th, 2020
- Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery May 15th, 2020
- Saints release Pro Bowl guard Larry Warford May 8th, 2020
- Saints see Tommy Stevens as "bigger Taysom Hill" April 30th, 2020
- Saints' Jameis Winston claims improved depth perception April 29th, 2020