Emmanuel Sanders signs two-year contract with Saints worth up to $19 million
Wide Receiver Emmanuel Sanders has agreed to a two-year contract with the New Orleans Saints worth up to $19 million.
Sanders, a two-time pro bowler, played 17 games last season, 7 for the Denver Broncos, and 10 for the San Francisco 49ers following a mid-season trade. He was also in talks with the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers before choosing the Saints. The 33-year-old accumulated 66 receptions on 97 targets last season, resulting in 869 yards (13.2 yards per reception), and 5 touchdowns.
Sanders's 2019-20 catch rate of 68.75% was the 9th best in the league, among wide receivers that saw at least 80 targets. According to Pro Football Focus, he dropped just 1 of 72 catchable targets. He will join a Saints passing attack that could certainly use a consistent second option in their passing game after no wide receiver outside of Michael Thomas saw more than 57 targets last season.
- Tim Jernigan becomes a free agent after deal with Texans falls through June 2nd, 2020
- Seahawks sign tight end Colby Parkinson to 4-year rookie contract June 2nd, 2020
- Dolphins' Malcolm Perry signs rookie deal June 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne could see extension from 49ers June 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert due for new deal June 2nd, 2020
- Eagles' Boston Scott competing for larger role June 2nd, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Jay Glazer: Taysom Hill next in line for Saints May 20th, 2020
- Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery May 15th, 2020
- Saints release Pro Bowl guard Larry Warford May 8th, 2020
- Saints see Tommy Stevens as "bigger Taysom Hill" April 30th, 2020
- Saints' Jameis Winston claims improved depth perception April 29th, 2020