Brian Hoyer reunites with Patriots on one-year contract
The New England Patriots signed quarterback Brian Hoyer to a one-year contract on Sunday.
Time is a flat circle. Hoyer is a Patriot for the third time in his career. Less than two days after being released by the Indianapolis Colts following their signing of Philip Rivers, Hoyer is back with the Patriots on a one-year, $1.05 million deal. The 35-year-olds' arrival provides a veteran presence at the position and, if he is believed to be the team's #2, could signal that Jarrett Stidham will enter the season as the starter.
Hoyer's 2018-2019 NEP per pass of -0.31 ranked 5th worst in the league, among quarterbacks with at least 30 pass attempts. In his 5 previous seasons with the Patriots, Hoyer has thrown for a combined 32 completions on 51 attempts, for 335 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception.
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Ravens say all running backs have role May 28th, 2020
- Justice Hill to make 'big jump' for Ravens May 28th, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Jeff Thomas has 'best chance' among Patriots' UDFA wideouts May 22nd, 2020
- Patrick Chung reportedly extends with Patriots through 2023 May 20th, 2020
- Patriots tackle Yodny Cajuste "healthy and good to go" May 17th, 2020
- Patriots sought assurance before Devin Asiasi trade up May 13th, 2020