Ryan Griffin reportedly returning to Jets
The New York Jets exercised a one-year option on tight end Ryan Griffin, reports Field Yates of ESPN.
Griffin started all 13 games he played for the Jets last season after spending the first six years of his career with the Houston Texans, though it was mostly by default as Chris Herndon couldn't get on the field. Griffin and Herndon will likely compete for the Jets' starting tight end job in 2020. The 30-year-old tight end cleared 60 yards just twice last season and only had one game with more than 5 receptions.
Griffin averaged 6.2 FanDuel points, 2.6 catches, 24.6 yards, and 3.2 targets with 5 touchdowns last season. His 7.8 yards per target were the most since his rookie campaign and ranked 14th among the 41 tight ends with at least 30 targets last season.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shoulder) active for Football Team Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) could return for Jets in Week 2 September 13th, 2021
- Jets losing top OL Mekhi Becton (knee) 4-6 weeks September 13th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) ruled out for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 1 clash with Panthers September 10th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) ruled out for Jets in Week 1 September 10th, 2021