Washington reportedly acquires Kyle Allen from Panthers
The Washington Redskins acquired quarterback Kyle Allen from the Carolina Panthers in exchange for a fifth-round pick, reports Jordan Schultz of ESPN.
The news comes shortly after the Panthers signed former XFL star P.J. Walker. Allen will back up Dwayne Haskins in Washington while Walker and Will Grier compete for QB2 duties behind Teddy Bridgewater. Allen, a 2018 undrafted free agent, went 5-7 as a starter for the Panthers last season after Cam Newton (foot) went down. He turned 24 earlier this month.
Allen averaged 14.9 FanDuel points in 13 appearances last season. He threw for 255.5 yards a game with 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. His 6.0 adjusted yards per pass attempt was 30th among the 33 quarterbacks with at least 14 attempts per game.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) not participating in minicamp June 13th, 2021
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery January 10th, 2021
- Washington's Taylor Heinecke starting under center on Saturday January 9th, 2021
- Alex Smith (calf) inactive for Washington in Saturday's Wild Card game January 9th, 2021