Washington reportedly acquires Kyle Allen from Panthers
The Washington Redskins acquired quarterback Kyle Allen from the Carolina Panthers in exchange for a fifth-round pick, reports Jordan Schultz of ESPN.
The news comes shortly after the Panthers signed former XFL star P.J. Walker. Allen will back up Dwayne Haskins in Washington while Walker and Will Grier compete for QB2 duties behind Teddy Bridgewater. Allen, a 2018 undrafted free agent, went 5-7 as a starter for the Panthers last season after Cam Newton (foot) went down. He turned 24 earlier this month.
Allen averaged 14.9 FanDuel points in 13 appearances last season. He threw for 255.5 yards a game with 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. His 6.0 adjusted yards per pass attempt was 30th among the 33 quarterbacks with at least 14 attempts per game.
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Ravens say all running backs have role May 28th, 2020
- Justice Hill to make 'big jump' for Ravens May 28th, 2020
- Washington's Antonio Gibson, Steven Sims, and J.D. McKissic to see creative usage May 27th, 2020
- Adrian Peterson has role in Washington's offense May 27th, 2020
- Redskins receiver Cody Latimer taken into custody May 17th, 2020
- Washington's Antonio Gibson draws Christian McCaffrey comparison May 5th, 2020
- Jaguars, Chris Thompson agree to one-year deal May 1st, 2020
- Washington declines Reuben Foster 2021 option April 30th, 2020