Patriots let Stephen Gostkowski go for cap reasons
The New England Patriots released kicker Stephen Gostkowski.
The Patriots save $3.5 million against the cap with the move. Gostkowski has spent his entire career in New England since being taken in the fourth round back in 2006. He won three Super Bowl rings and is the all-time leading scorer in franchise history. However, he's coming off hip surgery and turned 36 earlier this year, so Gostkowski's playing days could be numbered.
Gostkowski averaged 8.3 FanDuel points per game last season. He made 374-of-428 field goals (87.4 percent) over 14 seasons with the Patriots.
- Zach Ertz (hamstring) limited participant in Eagles' Thursday practice September 16th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) fully practices on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Baltimore's Marquise Brown (ankle) remains sidelined on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe, ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Titans cut Mike Badgley, elevate Randy Bullock September 14th, 2021
- Titans' Sam Ficken (groin) placed on injured reserve September 11th, 2021
- A.J. Brown (knee) returns to Titans' practice Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (knee) DNP on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Titans activate Ryan Tannehill from COVID-19 list September 5th, 2021
- Titans' Brian Hill placed on injured reserve August 29th, 2021