Patriots let Stephen Gostkowski go for cap reasons
The New England Patriots released kicker Stephen Gostkowski.
The Patriots save $3.5 million against the cap with the move. Gostkowski has spent his entire career in New England since being taken in the fourth round back in 2006. He won three Super Bowl rings and is the all-time leading scorer in franchise history. However, he's coming off hip surgery and turned 36 earlier this year, so Gostkowski's playing days could be numbered.
Gostkowski averaged 8.3 FanDuel points per game last season. He made 374-of-428 field goals (87.4 percent) over 14 seasons with the Patriots.
- Tim Jernigan becomes a free agent after deal with Texans falls through June 2nd, 2020
- Seahawks sign tight end Colby Parkinson to 4-year rookie contract June 2nd, 2020
- Dolphins' Malcolm Perry signs rookie deal June 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne could see extension from 49ers June 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert due for new deal June 2nd, 2020
- Eagles' Boston Scott competing for larger role June 2nd, 2020
- Jalen Ramsey to be deployed all over Rams' secondary May 27th, 2020
- Cam Akers 'really exciting' in Rams' offense May 27th, 2020
- Jalen Ramsey to report to Rams training camp May 26th, 2020
- Rams committed to backfield committee May 21st, 2020
- Rams embracing open competition in backfield May 4th, 2020
- Josh Reynolds 'on track' to be Rams' starter April 29th, 2020