Washington waives Montae Nicholson, 4 other defensive backs
The Washington Redskins waived free safety Montae Nicholson.
Washington also released Kayvon Webster, Breon Borders, Dee Delaney, and Coty Sensabaugh in a purging of defensive backs. Nicholson started at free safety in all 13 games he played in last season, but his level of play apparently wasn't up to standards for new head coach Ron Rivera. Nicholson, a 2017 fourth-round pick, turned 24 last December.
Nicholson recorded 2 interceptions, 4 pass deflections, and 2 fumble recoveries last season. He allowed a 67.7 completion percentage for 12.0 yards per catch, 8.2 yards per target, and 6 touchdowns on 31 targets. Nicholson earned a poor grade of 51.6 from Pro Football Focus.
- Colts' Carson Wentz reportedly sprained both ankles September 20th, 2021
- Rapoport: Andy Dalton has knee bone bruise, Week 3 status for Bears TBD September 20th, 2021
- Will Fuller (personal) returns to Dolphins' facility Monday September 20th, 2021
- Henry Ruggs records 113 yards, touchdown for Raiders September 20th, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) considered day-to-day for Dolphins September 20th, 2021
- Steelers' Dionatae Johnson (knee) avoids long-term injury September 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shoulder) active for Football Team Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shoulder) upgraded for Football Team September 14th, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) "limited" Monday September 13th, 2021
- Washington's Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) expected to miss 6-8 weeks September 13th, 2021
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) lands on Football Team injured reserve September 13th, 2021
- Washington confirms Taylor Heinicke as Thursday starter September 13th, 2021