Janoris Jenkins signs with Saints through 2022
The New Orleans Saints signed defensive back Janoris Jenkins to a 2-year, $16.75 million extension through 2022, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The deal consists of team options in 2021 and 2022. Jenkins played in three games for the Saints last season after being waived by the Giants in December. He finished with a career-high 5 interceptions, tied for second-most in the NFL, and 16 pass deflections. Jenkins may wind up starting Week 1 for the Saints opposite Marshon Lattimore. He will turn 32 at the end of October.
Jenkins gave up a 55.7 completion percentage, 6.5 yards per target, 11.7 yards per completion, and 4 touchdowns -- all improvements from the previous season -- on 88 targets last season. He finished as Pro Football Focus' 28th-rated corner with a grade of 70.7.
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Ravens say all running backs have role May 28th, 2020
- Justice Hill to make 'big jump' for Ravens May 28th, 2020
- Patrick Peterson, Cardinals haven't talked contract May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Jay Glazer: Taysom Hill next in line for Saints May 20th, 2020
- Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery May 15th, 2020
- Saints release Pro Bowl guard Larry Warford May 8th, 2020
- Saints see Tommy Stevens as "bigger Taysom Hill" April 30th, 2020
- Saints' Jameis Winston claims improved depth perception April 29th, 2020