Janoris Jenkins signs with Saints through 2022
The New Orleans Saints signed defensive back Janoris Jenkins to a 2-year, $16.75 million extension through 2022, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The deal consists of team options in 2021 and 2022. Jenkins played in three games for the Saints last season after being waived by the Giants in December. He finished with a career-high 5 interceptions, tied for second-most in the NFL, and 16 pass deflections. Jenkins may wind up starting Week 1 for the Saints opposite Marshon Lattimore. He will turn 32 at the end of October.
Jenkins gave up a 55.7 completion percentage, 6.5 yards per target, 11.7 yards per completion, and 4 touchdowns -- all improvements from the previous season -- on 88 targets last season. He finished as Pro Football Focus' 28th-rated corner with a grade of 70.7.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Titans acquire Julio Jones from Falcons for multiple picks June 7th, 2021
- Patriots sign free agent tight end Jonnu Smith to four-year contract March 15th, 2021
- Rodger Saffold (ankle) not listed on Titans' Wild Card injury report against Baltimore January 8th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (knee/hand) available for Wild Card clash with Ravens January 8th, 2021
- Tennessee's Rodger Saffold (ankle) absent on Thursday January 7th, 2021
- Tennessee's Jonnu Smith (knee) absent on Thursday December 24th, 2020