Vonn Bell, Bengals reportedly ink 3-year deal
The Cincinnati Bengals and defensive back Vonn Bell, formerly of the New Orleans Saints, agreed on a 3-year, $18 million contract, reports Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.
Bell started all 13 games he played in for the Saints last season, grading out as the best safety in the league against the run, according to Pro Football Focus. He led all defensive players with 5 fumble recoveries. The Bengals have bolstered their defense with more than half a dozen free-agent additions so far this offseason. Bell turned 25 in December.
Bell gave up 2 touchdowns and 8.3 yards per target (51 targets) on a 68.6 completion percentage last season. He ranked 44th on Pro Football Focus among the 65 safeties to play at least half of the defensive snaps last season.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (shoulder) DNP on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Tee Higgins (shoulder) day-to-day for Bengals September 22nd, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow "focused on Week 1" following return to game action on Sunday August 29th, 2021
- Ja'Marr Chase having 'fantastic week' for Bengals August 26th, 2021
- Ja'Marr Chase continuing to struggle for Cincinnati August 23rd, 2021
- Bengals' Auden Tate could take snaps from Ja'Marr Chase August 23rd, 2021