Rapoport: Bengals open to keeping Andy Dalton for 2020 season
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cincinnati Bengals are open to keeping Andy Dalton for the upcoming season.
The Bengals are keeping all options on the table, including keeping Dalton. With the #1 pick likely to be used on Joe Burrow, Dalton's future lies elsewhere, but the Bengals have been unable to trade him so far, and are now considering the possibility of keeping him. With no guaranteed money in Dalton's contract, the Bengals can take their time before deciding to keep or release their long-time veteran quarterback.
Dalton's passing grade of 65.9 ranked 31st among quarterbacks, per Pro Football Focus. His 2019 completion % of 59.4 was the second-lowest of his career, and his 14 interceptions were the most he's thrown in a season since 2014.
- Texans acquire Brandin Cooks and 2022 fourth round pick in trade with Rams April 9th, 2020
- Fowler: Cam Newton reportedly 'willing to stay patient' April 9th, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman avoids vandalism prosecution April 9th, 2020
- Aldrick Rosas returning to Giants April 9th, 2020
- Bashaud Breeland reportedly re-signs with Chiefs for season April 9th, 2020
- Buccaneers 'have more faith than ever' in Ronald Jones April 9th, 2020
- A.J. Green 'fully healthy' for Bengals April 8th, 2020
- Bengals' Drew Sample expected to make 'significant jump' April 8th, 2020
- Rapoport: Bengals open to keeping Andy Dalton for 2020 season March 25th, 2020
- Vonn Bell, Bengals reportedly ink 3-year deal March 25th, 2020
- Rapoport: Bengals reportedly sign linebacker Josh Bynes to one-year contract March 24th, 2020
- Andy Dalton reportedly not part of Patriots "immediate plans" March 21st, 2020