Buccaneers believe Tom Brady 'still has plenty of arm'
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady "can still throw it deep," according to general manager Jason Licht.
“Well, the tape to us showed that he had plenty of arm,” Licht said. “We felt that he had the ideal arm for Bruce and his system. He can still throw it deep." Licht added that they "did not see a decline in his arm talent whatsoever." There's some belief that Brady skills have started to diminish as he approaches his age-43 campaign, but the Buccaneers certainly don't seem to be concerned. If Licht is right, it should bode well for Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and the rest of the passing attack. That said, Jameis Winston led the NFL with 6,538 air yards last season. Brady was 9th with 4,641 yards.
Brady's average depth of target of 7.5 yards last season was 25th among the 33 quarterbacks with at least 200 attempts. Jameis Winston, meanwhile, had an average of 10.4 yards, behind only Matthew Stafford (10.6).
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Ravens say all running backs have role May 28th, 2020
- Justice Hill to make 'big jump' for Ravens May 28th, 2020
- Cameron Brate catching with Tom Brady in Tampa Bay May 21st, 2020
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard gets in work with Tom Brady May 21st, 2020
- Mike Evans works out with Tom Brady, fellow Buccaneers May 21st, 2020
- Buccaneers believe Ke'Shawn Vaughn capable of three-down role May 21st, 2020
- Tom Brady throws with Tampa Bay teammates May 19th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones working on receiving May 14th, 2020