Buccaneers believe Tom Brady 'still has plenty of arm'
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady "can still throw it deep," according to general manager Jason Licht.
“Well, the tape to us showed that he had plenty of arm,” Licht said. “We felt that he had the ideal arm for Bruce and his system. He can still throw it deep." Licht added that they "did not see a decline in his arm talent whatsoever." There's some belief that Brady skills have started to diminish as he approaches his age-43 campaign, but the Buccaneers certainly don't seem to be concerned. If Licht is right, it should bode well for Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and the rest of the passing attack. That said, Jameis Winston led the NFL with 6,538 air yards last season. Brady was 9th with 4,641 yards.
Brady's average depth of target of 7.5 yards last season was 25th among the 33 quarterbacks with at least 200 attempts. Jameis Winston, meanwhile, had an average of 10.4 yards, behind only Matthew Stafford (10.6).
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) questionable for Buccaneers in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021