Jadeveon Clowney, Titans having talks
The Tennessee Titans and the agents of free agent edge player Jadeveon Clowney, formerly of the Seattle Seahawks, have been in talks, per general manager Jon Robinson.
Clowney was reportedly seeking an average annual salary of $20 million, but Dianna Russini of ESPN reports that he's now willing to take less. Clowney was limited to 3.0 sacks and 7 tackles for loss in 2019 after recording at least 9.0 sacks and 16.0 tackles for loss each of the previous two seasons, but he remains one of the best at his position against the run and also excels as a pass-rusher. The addition would serve as a sizable upgrade for a Titans team that came one game short of the Super Bowl last season. Clowney turned 27 in February.
Clowney recorded 4 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 interception, 13 quarterback hits, and 30 pressures in 13 games for the Seahawks last season. He graded out in the top-10 (87.3) on Pro Football Focus among the 63 edge defenders to play at least 535 defensive snaps.
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Ravens say all running backs have role May 28th, 2020
- Justice Hill to make 'big jump' for Ravens May 28th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Seahawks sign Carlos Hyde to one-year deal May 22nd, 2020
- Seahawks reportedly talking to Carlos Hyde May 20th, 2020
- Seahawks reportedly made offer to Devonta Freeman May 20th, 2020
- Arrest warrants issued for Giants' DeAndre Baker and Seahawks' Quinton Dunbar May 14th, 2020