Timmy Jernigan reportedly signs with Texans
The Houston Texans and free agent defensive lineman Timmy Jernigan, formerly of the Philadelphia Eagles, have agreed to a contract, reports Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.
It is reportedly a one-year, $3.75 million contract, with $1.25 million guaranteed. Jernigan figures to play a larger role for the Texans after being a rotational piece for the Eagles last season. He was limited to 10 games last season due to injury but received positive grades from Pro Football Focus against the rush (67.5) and against the pass (68.0). Jernigan will turn 28 at the end of September.
Jernigan recorded 2.0 sacks, 3 tackles for loss, 3 quarterback hits, and 3 pressures over 274 snaps last season. He ranked 66th on Pro Football Focus among 121 interior defenders to play at least 186 defensive snaps.
- Giants' Daniel Jones working on ball security June 5th, 2020
- Patriots' Jarrett Stidham, Julian Edelman working together regularly June 5th, 2020
- Bengals' William Jackson now fully healthy after tearing labrum June 4th, 2020
- Seattle's K.J. Wright ahead of schedule in shoulder rehab June 4th, 2020
- Steelers' Eric Ebron, Vance McDonald could have training camp battle June 4th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb could be used as Cowboys' punt returner June 4th, 2020
- Tim Jernigan becomes a free agent after deal with Texans falls through June 2nd, 2020
- Texans, Zach Fulton agree to restructured contract May 29th, 2020
- J.J. Watt not asking Texans for new deal May 27th, 2020
- Texans' Will Fuller (core muscle surgery) making promising progress May 22nd, 2020
- Texans sign Jonathan Greenard to rookie contract May 13th, 2020
- Texans decline Gareon Conley's 2021 fifth-year option April 29th, 2020