Patriots release Cody Kessler
The New England Patriots have released third-string quarterback Cody Kessler, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
The former 3rd round draft pick from 2016 was signed by the Patriots last October, released, and then re-signed. He had been operating as the team's third-string option. Kessler's release leaves the Patriots with two quarterbacks on their roster, Sophomore Jarrett Stidham, and veteran Brian Hoyer.
Kessler has a career record of 2 wins and 10 losses in his 12 career starts. Since being drafted, he has compiled a total of 224 completions on 349 attempts (64.2 percent) for 2,215 yards (6.3 per attempt), 8 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions.
- Rapoport: Michael Thomas (ankle) expected to miss start of Saints season July 23rd, 2021
- Rapoport: Davante Adams, Packers break off extension talks July 23rd, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ankle) starts camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) opens training camp on Giants' PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) opens training camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Report: Zach Ertz now has 'great chance' to stay with Eagles July 21st, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hamstring) reportedly will be ready for Patriots' training camp July 20th, 2021
- Damien Harris 'surefire No.1' in Patriots backfield July 13th, 2021
- N'Keal Harry requests trade from Patriots July 6th, 2021
- Patriots' Mac Jones forcing 'real competition' with Cam Newton June 21st, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021