Patriots release Cody Kessler
The New England Patriots have released third-string quarterback Cody Kessler, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
The former 3rd round draft pick from 2016 was signed by the Patriots last October, released, and then re-signed. He had been operating as the team's third-string option. Kessler's release leaves the Patriots with two quarterbacks on their roster, Sophomore Jarrett Stidham, and veteran Brian Hoyer.
Kessler has a career record of 2 wins and 10 losses in his 12 career starts. Since being drafted, he has compiled a total of 224 completions on 349 attempts (64.2 percent) for 2,215 yards (6.3 per attempt), 8 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions.
- Bengals' William Jackson now fully healthy after tearing labrum June 4th, 2020
- Seattle's K.J. Wright ahead of schedule in shoulder rehab June 4th, 2020
- Steelers' Eric Ebron, Vance McDonald could have training camp battle June 4th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb could be used as Cowboys' punt returner June 4th, 2020
- Jaylen Samuels not a lock to make Steelers' roster June 4th, 2020
- Buccaneers open to Devonta Freeman for right price June 4th, 2020
- Patriots' Jarrett Stidham, Julian Edelman working together regularly June 5th, 2020
- Pats' Dante Scarnecchia to stay retired June 1st, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Jeff Thomas has 'best chance' among Patriots' UDFA wideouts May 22nd, 2020
- Patrick Chung reportedly extends with Patriots through 2023 May 20th, 2020