Cowboys, Aldon Smith reach agreement on one-year, $4 million contract
The Dallas Cowboys have signed linebacker Aldon Smith to a one-year contract worth $4 million, according to Jay Glazer.
The former 7th overall draft pick in 2011 is reportedly clean and sober as he waits to be officially reinstated following a 4-year absence due to personal and legal issues. Prior to his absence, Smith was on track to be a tremendous impact player, recording 47.5 sacks in his 59 games played, including 19.5 in his Sophomore season in 2012. The 30-year-old will join a Cowboys' defense rated 10th against the rush and 11th against the pass according to Pro Football Focus.
During his Pro Bowl season in 2012, Smith was Pro Football Focus' highest-graded tackler at his position with a grade of 90.2. In his last season before his absence, Smith received a rush defense grade of 77.6 and a pass-rush grade of 63.9, generating 36 pressures that resulted in 4 sacks, 5 quarterback hits, and 27 hurries.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Russell Wilson excited for Seahawks' new "super complex" offense June 13th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Seahawks' Jamal Adams (shoulders, fingers) will require offseason surgery January 10th, 2021
- Seattle's Rashaad Penny inactive for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 9th, 2021
- Alex Collins promoted to Seattle's active roster for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (knee) questionable for Wild Card clash with Rams January 8th, 2021