Texans reportedly considering signing Eric Reid
The Houston Texans have had talks discussing the possibility of defensive back Eric Reid joining them, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.
Reid's brother, Justin, has reportedly spoken to Bill O'Brien about signing Eric and received positive feedback. It's a long way from a sure thing, but the Texans could certainly use the help after recording a Pro Football Focus coverage grade of just 50.3 last season, the 5th worst mark in the league. A weakness that was on full display during their playoff collapse to the Kansas City Chiefs.
Reid took over 100 snaps at multiple positions for the Panthers last season, including slot corner (193), box (496), and free safety (295). He recorded the worst coverage grade of his career (36.1), allowing 45 receptions on 57 targets (78.9%) for 573 yards (12.7 per reception) and 7 touchdowns.
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Ravens say all running backs have role May 28th, 2020
- Justice Hill to make 'big jump' for Ravens May 28th, 2020
- Patrick Peterson, Cardinals haven't talked contract May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Panthers get defensive tackle Derrick Brown signed May 11th, 2020
- Panthers waive running back Marcus Murphy May 4th, 2020
- Panthers were open to trading out of Derrick Brown pick May 4th, 2020
- Panthers reportedly make pact with Michael Schofield April 30th, 2020
- Panthers trade up, select safety Jeremy Chinn at No. 64 April 24th, 2020