Chiefs, Ricky Seals-Jones agree to one-year contract
The Kansas City Chiefs have signed former Cleveland Browns tight end Ricky Seals-Jones to a one-year contract.
The former undrafted free agent in 2017 spent his first two seasons with the Arizona Cardinals before taking part in 14 games for the Browns last season. Jones caught 14 of 22 targets in Cleveland (63.6%) for 229 yards (16.4 yards per reception), 4 touchdowns, and 10 first downs. He will likely serve as the primary back up to Travis Kelce, a potentially valuable role, but one that only resulted in a combined 19 targets for Blake Bell and Deon Yelder last season.
Seals' Net Expected Points per reception of 1.22 was 5th best among all tight ends with at least 10 receptions last season. He earned a receiving grade of 58.1 from Pro Football Focus, the second-best mark of his three-year career.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Sammy Watkins officially questionable for Chiefs in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) limited in practice on Wednesday February 3rd, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) limited participant in Kansas City's Wednesday practice February 3rd, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (toe) feeling "pretty close to 100%" heading into Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 2nd, 2021