Chiefs, Ricky Seals-Jones agree to one-year contract
The Kansas City Chiefs have signed former Cleveland Browns tight end Ricky Seals-Jones to a one-year contract.
The former undrafted free agent in 2017 spent his first two seasons with the Arizona Cardinals before taking part in 14 games for the Browns last season. Jones caught 14 of 22 targets in Cleveland (63.6%) for 229 yards (16.4 yards per reception), 4 touchdowns, and 10 first downs. He will likely serve as the primary back up to Travis Kelce, a potentially valuable role, but one that only resulted in a combined 19 targets for Blake Bell and Deon Yelder last season.
Seals' Net Expected Points per reception of 1.22 was 5th best among all tight ends with at least 10 receptions last season. He earned a receiving grade of 58.1 from Pro Football Focus, the second-best mark of his three-year career.
- Silver: 49ers and George Kittle 'remain far apart' on potential extension May 30th, 2020
- Texans, Zach Fulton agree to restructured contract May 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Dee Ford had "relatively minor" knee surgery during offseason May 29th, 2020
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs to talk extension this summer May 22nd, 2020
- Mecole Hardman may be moved off Chiefs' return duties May 20th, 2020
- Chiefs say Clyde Edwards-Helaire has special skills May 20th, 2020
- Chiefs sign quarterback Shea Patterson May 3rd, 2020
- Chiefs reportedly sign defensive end Taco Charlton to one-year deal May 2nd, 2020
- Damien Williams, Clyde Edwards-Helaire give Chiefs '1-2 punch' May 1st, 2020