49ers' Tevin Coleman guaranteed $2 million for 2020
San Francisco 49ers running back Tevin Coleman is now guaranteed $2 million of his $4.55 million base salary for 2020.
The money became guaranteed at the beginning of the month and it means that cutting Coleman outright would cost the 49ers $2 million. He may still be dealt before the start of the season, however, as Raheem Mostert and Jerick McKinnon appear to be locked into backfield roles. Matt Breida has also been mentioned as a trade candidate. Coleman averaged 15.8 touches from Weeks 5-12 after an early-season ankle injury, but he never logged more than 6 touches over the rest of the regular season as Mostert took over. He finished with more opportunities (11.9) per game than Mostert (9.9), but was outscored 10.6-8.9 in FanDuel points per game. Coleman turns 27 next week.
Coleman was the RB43 in FanDuel points per game last season. His 51.7 yards from scrimmage and 4.6 yards per touch were both career-lows in a season that Coleman averaged double-digit touches. He ranked just fourth in his own backfield in added Net Expected Points per rush (-0.07) and was last in success rate (32.12), finishing well below league average in both metrics.
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- 49ers' D.J. Jones (ankle) fully recovered May 22nd, 2020
- Dre Greenlaw or Kwon Alexander will be 49ers' starting weakside linebacker May 20th, 2020
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert bulking up this offseason May 20th, 2020
- Niners' Jerick McKinnon 'appears to be making good progress' May 9th, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne penciled in as 49ers' primary WR3 May 5th, 2020
- Trent Williams fine with playing for 49ers on current deal May 1st, 2020