Marquise Goodwin likely to be cut by 49ers
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Marquise Goodwin will likely be released before the team resumes football activities, writes Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area.
The 49ers would probably prefer to trade Goodwin, but he's owed roughly $5 million each of the next two seasons and has missed 12 games over the past two due to injuries, so it seems unlikely they will find a partner. However, it's worth noting that head coach Kyle Shanahan previously stated the organization "wouldn't release Marquise" because teams "don’t get rid of valuable people just for nothing." Goodwin has been held under 25 receptions and 400 yards in consecutive seasons after breaking out for career-highs in catches (56) and yards (962) in his first year in San Francisco. He will turn 30 in November.
Goodwin averaged 4.0 FanDuel points over nine games last season. He had 12 catches on 21 targets for 186 yards and 1 touchdown. His 8.9 yards per target would have ranked 13th among the 30 receivers with 100-plus targets. Goodwin added 0.83 Receiving Net Expected Points per target, beating out the league average (0.70) at his position.
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Devonta Freeman willing to skip 2020 season May 22nd, 2020
- Seahawks sign Carlos Hyde to one-year deal May 22nd, 2020
- Eagles reportedly also eyeing Devonta Freeman May 22nd, 2020
- Eagles' Miles Sanders could receive 15-18 touches per game May 21st, 2020
- Jalen Hurts pegged as Eagles' QB3 May 19th, 2020
- Andre Dillard taking over as Eagles' left tackle May 19th, 2020