Falcons' John Cominsky to have increased role
Atlanta Falcons defensive lineman John Cominsky will have an increased role this upcoming season, per head coach Dan Quinn.
The Falcons traded up in last year's draft to take Cominsky in the fourth round, but he played just 100 defensive snaps as a rookie and failed to make an impact. Vic Beasley and Adrian Clayborn have since signed elsewhere, creating an opportunity for Cominsky to emerge as a starter.
Cominsky recorded 0.5 sacks, 2 quarterback hits, 2 hurries, and 3 pressures over 10 appearances last season. There's obviously only a limited sample size to work with, but Cominsky did receive the 23rd-highest grade (82.1) on Pro Football Focus among 145 edge defenders to log 100-plus defensive snaps.
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021
- Buffalo's Emmanuel Sanders (hamstring) fully practices on Friday September 17th, 2021
- 49ers: Brandon Aiyuk Week 1 usage due to hamstring tweak September 17th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Zack Moss praised by Bills for practice performance September 17th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley plays 84% of snaps in Giants loss September 17th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts playing in slot, out wide for Falcons September 13th, 2021
- Cordarrelle Patterson listed as Falcons' No. 2 running back September 7th, 2021
- Falcons sign Wayne Gallman, release Qadree Ollison September 2nd, 2021
- Falcons utilizing Kyle Pitts to find exploitable matchups August 27th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts receiving praise at Falcons' joint practices August 19th, 2021
- Mike Davis expected to be Falcons' feature back August 13th, 2021