Bashaud Breeland reportedly re-signs with Chiefs for season
The Kansas City Chiefs re-signed defensive back Bashaud Breeland on a 1-year deal worth up to $4.5 million, reports Rob Demovsky of ESPN.
Breeland joined the Chiefs last season and went on to play 82.5 percent of the snaps. He had 2 interceptions in the regular season and another in the Chiefs' Super Bowl win. Breeland mostly struggled in coverage throughout the year (43.9 grade on Pro Football Focus), but continuity apparently carries value for the defending champs. He turned 28 in January.
Breeland allowed more yards per target in 2019 (8.7) than during a one-year stint with the Green Bay Packers the previous season (7.2). He had the seventh-worst coverage grade on Pro Football Focus out of 92 corners with at least 500 snaps.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Vikings' Irv Smith (meniscus surgery) likely out for year September 1st, 2021
- Vikings acquire Chris Herndon from Jets August 31st, 2021
- Minnesota's Tyler Conklin (hamstring) practicing on Monday August 30th, 2021
- Vikings' Tyler Conklin (hamstring) expected back this week August 30th, 2021
- Minnesota's Irv Smith (meniscus) reportedly expected to miss start of regular season August 29th, 2021
- Vikings' Irv Smith Jr. ready "to be the starting guy" in 2021 August 26th, 2021