Stephen Gostkowski 'not ready to hang it up' after release from Patriots
According to NBC sports, free agent kicker Stephen Gostkowski "made it clear he plans on playing in 2020."
Gostkowski remains interested in kicking despite missing most of last season with a hip injury. "I'm not ready to just hang it up. I'm gonna try to play," said Gostkowski when asked about his playing status for next season. "It's going to be tough to show teams what I can do right now or work out or do a physical, but I'm not too worried about it. I'm not concerned."
Expect the former fourth round pick to attract more interest once the draft concludes. In 148 career attempts, Gostkowski has converted 88.5% of his field goals including 75% from 40 or more yards (46 of 61).
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Titans cut Mike Badgley, elevate Randy Bullock September 14th, 2021
- Titans' Sam Ficken (groin) placed on injured reserve September 11th, 2021
- A.J. Brown (knee) returns to Titans' practice Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (knee) DNP on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Titans activate Ryan Tannehill from COVID-19 list September 5th, 2021
- Titans' Brian Hill placed on injured reserve August 29th, 2021