Kendall Sheffield seen as Falcons' top corner
Atlanta Falcons head coach Dan Quinn said he believes defensive back Kendall Sheffield can be a number-one corner.
Sheffield played just 46 total defensive snaps over the first five games last season before Desmond Trufant went down with a toe injury. The fourth-round pick then started the remaining 11 games and averaged 59.5 snaps per contest. The Falcons reportedly want to trade up for one of the top two corners in the draft to pair with Sheffield. That's probably a wise move, as the secondary finished 22nd in passing yards allowed per game (244.9) and 26th in yards allowed per pass attempt (7.3) last season.
Sheffield recorded 3 pass deflections and a forced fumble in 16 games last season. He earned Pro Football Focus' 13th-worst coverage grade out of 92 corners to play at least 500 snaps.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts playing in slot, out wide for Falcons September 13th, 2021
- Cordarrelle Patterson listed as Falcons' No. 2 running back September 7th, 2021
- Falcons sign Wayne Gallman, release Qadree Ollison September 2nd, 2021
- Falcons utilizing Kyle Pitts to find exploitable matchups August 27th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts receiving praise at Falcons' joint practices August 19th, 2021
- Mike Davis expected to be Falcons' feature back August 13th, 2021