Bears opt for defense, select defensive back Jaylon Johnson at No. 50
The Chicago Bears selected Utah defensive back Jaylon Johnson with the 50th overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Johnson joins a Bears' pass defense ranked 11th by numberFire last season. The first cornerback off the board on day two, Johnson allowed just 3 touchdowns on 944 coverage snaps over his last two seasons, per Pro Football Focus.
Johnson earned a grade of 83.8 from Pro Football Focus last season, 20th best at his position.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) expected to play in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) questionable for Week 1 game against Rams September 10th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (back) limited for Bears again Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Bears reportedly sign wide receiver Breshad Perriman to 1-year deal September 2nd, 2021
- Tarik Cohen (knee) placed on PUP list, to miss Bears' first 6 games August 31st, 2021
- Bears' Tarik Cohen (knee) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Rams August 29th, 2021