Chiefs' Bashaud Breeland reportedly facing 4-game ban pre-arrest
Kansas City Chiefs defensive back Bashaud Breeland was facing a 4-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, reports NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, prior to being arrested on Tuesday.
Breeland is appealing the suspension, which could be reduced under the new CBA agreement. He's facing five charges stemming from a Tuesday arrest in York, South Carolina: resisting arrest, transporting alcohol in a motor vehicle with the seal broken, open container of beer or wine in a motor vehicle, possession of 28 grams or less of marijuana or 10 grams of hash, and driving without a license. Breeland, 28, re-signed with the Chiefs earlier this month on a one-year, $4.5 million deal.
Breeland had 2 interceptions in the regular season and another in the Chiefs' Super Bowl win. He allowed more yards per target in 2019 (8.7) than during a one-year stint with the Green Bay Packers the previous season (7.2). His 43.9 coverage grade from Pro Football Focus was seventh-worst out of 92 corners with at least 500 snaps.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Minnesota's Dalvin Cook (ankle) questionable for Week 3's matchup against Seattle September 24th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) absent for Vikings again September 23rd, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- K.J. Osborn leads Vikings receivers in loss September 20th, 2021
- Vikings' Irv Smith (meniscus surgery) likely out for year September 1st, 2021
- Vikings acquire Chris Herndon from Jets August 31st, 2021