Dolphins drop Taco Charlton
The Miami Dolphins waived defensive end Taco Charlton.
Charlton made five starts and logged 396 defensive snaps (35.4 percent) over 10 games in his one-year stay with the Dolphins. He led the defense with a career-high 5.0 sacks, but also wound up being a healthy scratch at times down the stretch. The former first-round pick is 25.
Charlton recorded 2 forced fumbles and 3 tackles for loss with 5 quarterback hits, in addition to the 5.0 takedowns. He graded just 107th in overall defense by Pro Football Focus out of 114 edge defenders to play at least 250 snaps last season.
- Rapoport: Andy Dalton has knee bone bruise, Week 3 status for Bears TBD September 20th, 2021
- Will Fuller (personal) returns to Dolphins' facility Monday September 20th, 2021
- Henry Ruggs records 113 yards, touchdown for Raiders September 20th, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) considered day-to-day for Dolphins September 20th, 2021
- Steelers' Dionatae Johnson (knee) avoids long-term injury September 20th, 2021
- Mike Evans bounces back for Buccaneers with pair of scores September 20th, 2021
- Tyreek Hill goes for 201 all-purpose yards in Chiefs' wild win September 12th, 2021
- Kyler Murray dominates Titans in Cardinals' blowout victory September 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) practices in full Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) logs full practice on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) limited on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) expected to play in Week 1 September 6th, 2021