Buccaneers claim kicker Elliott Fry off waivers
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have claimed kicker Elliott Fry, formerly of the Carolina Panthers, off waivers.
Fry was signed to a future/reserve contract with Carolina back in December of 2019. Despite never having kicked in an NFL game, he is expected to compete with Matt Gay, the Buccaneers' current kicker, for the right to kick field goals in Tampa's Tom Brady-lead offense this upcoming season.
Gay made just 77.1% of his field goals last season, 28th worst in the league. His success rate of 89.6% on extra points was 34th worst in the league, and he struggled from range, converting just 21 of 29 field goals from 30+ yards.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Ronald Jones named Buccaneers starter versus Falcons September 14th, 2021
- Ronald Jones 'struggled mentally' in Buccaneers win September 10th, 2021
- Gio Bernard (ankle) officially active for Buccaneers Week 1 September 9th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin (quad) available for Week 1 clash with Cowboys September 8th, 2021
- Chris Godwin (quad) limited for Buccaneers Tuesday September 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Giovani Bernard (ankle) "full speed" at Sunday practice September 5th, 2021