Panthers were open to trading out of Derrick Brown pick
The Athletic's Joe Person reports that new Carolina Panthers head coach Matt Rhule was "open and eager" to trade down from the number 7 overall pick of the 2020 NFL Draft.
The Panthers did end up using that pick on Auburn defensive tackle Derrick Brown, whom general manager Marty Hurney called "our guy." The Panthers had one of the largest coaching staff shakeups in the league this offseason, so we are still trying to decipher the team's hierarchy and decision tree.
Even with the (much-welcomed) addition of Brown, the Panthers defense could be one to target in fantasy football in 2020. While they were decent enough against the pass, the team allowed the fourth-most rushing yards against (2,229) last season, and will now be without perennial All-Pro linebacker Luke Keuchly.
- Ravens' Lamar Jackson (illness) expected to play Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Bengals' Tee Higgins (shoulder) not expected to play Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankles) will start Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) "unlikely" to play in Vikings' Week 3 contest September 26th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) unlikely to play Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) "pretty confident he will play" September 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Panthers' Robby Anderson provides 38 yards on 6 targets September 20th, 2021
- Zane Gonzalez signs deal with Panthers Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Christian McCaffrey racks up 187 all-purpose yards in Week 1 win September 12th, 2021
- Panthers claim running back Royce Freeman off waivers on Thursday September 2nd, 2021
- Robbie Anderson signs 2-year extension with Carolina August 24th, 2021