Panthers waive running back Marcus Murphy
The Carolina Panthers have waived running back Marcus Murphy.
It is sometimes easy to forget that the Panthers have any other running backs behind Christian McCaffrey, who has played close to 100% of the team's offensive snaps in each of the past two seasons. McCaffrey has yet to miss a game with injury in his three-year career, but it will be important to keep an eye on the depth chart behind him should he miss any time.
Murphy hasn't touched the ball in an NFL game since his 2018 season with the Buffalo Bills, but he could catch on with another team as a special teams player. He has averaged a solid 9.3 yards per punt return in his career.
- 49ers' George Kittle reportedly could make $13 million annually July 2nd, 2020
- Jets "still talking" with free agent Demaryius Thomas July 1st, 2020
- Jets expect Chris Herndon to play key receiving role July 1st, 2020
- Packers sign Jordan Love to 4-year deal July 1st, 2020
- Green Bay's A.J. Dillon signs 4-year rookie contract July 1st, 2020
- Buffalo's Duke Williams facing serious roster competition July 1st, 2020
- Rhule: 'We feel like we have the power to be able to take advantage of throwing the ball downfield' June 26th, 2020
- Curtis Samuel considered paramount for Panthers' success June 19th, 2020
- Seth DeValve released by Panthers June 3rd, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Panthers get defensive tackle Derrick Brown signed May 11th, 2020
- Panthers waive running back Marcus Murphy May 4th, 2020