Patriots' Chase Winovich underwent hernia surgery
New England Patriots defensive end Chase Winovich had hernia surgery in February.
Winovich has been rehabbing remotely but it sounds like he will be ready for football activities whenever they resume. Hernia surgery is a relatively minor procedure, but it's somewhat concerning that Winvoich required the procedure after only playing 291 snaps (28.9 percent) as a rookie. Despite the limited workload, the 2019 third-round pick recorded the sixth-most sacks (5.5) and tackles for loss (10) among all first-year players last season. The five players ahead of him all played at least 478 snaps. As long as his body can handle it, Winovich is likely in line for an expanded role as a sophomore.
Winovich graded 3rd at his position and 12th overall on Pro Football Focus last season among rookies with at least 100 defensive snaps.
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) questionable for Week 1 showdown with Miami September 10th, 2021