Saints release Pro Bowl guard Larry Warford
The New Orleans Saints have released right guard Larry Warford, according to Ian Rapoport.
Warford's future in New Orleans was always unlikely to continue following the Saints' offseason acquisition of Cesar Ruiz in the first round of the draft and their decision to re-sign Andrus Peat to a five-year deal. Warford immediately becomes one of the top offensive linemen on the market after being selected to the Pro Bowl in each of his last three seasons. The former third-round draft pick in 2013 started 16 games for the Saints last season, allowing 3 sacks, 6 quarterback hits, 23 hurries, 32 pressures, and 6 penalties.
Warford was Pro Football Focus' 37th ranked pass blocking guard last season, and their 9th ranked run blocker.
- Cowboys "might have some interest" in David Njoku July 3rd, 2020
- Browns tight end David Njoku has requested to be traded July 3rd, 2020
- Bengals defensive back Trae Waynes has not taken physical July 3rd, 2020
- 49ers' D.J. Reed suffers torn pectoral July 3rd, 2020
- Seahawks a potential landing spot for Antonio Brown July 3rd, 2020
- Browns' Jordan Elliott signs rookie contract July 2nd, 2020
- Saints: Alvin Kamara played through knee, ankle, back issues June 15th, 2020
- Saints' Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to mostly cover slot June 9th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Jay Glazer: Taysom Hill next in line for Saints May 20th, 2020
- Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery May 15th, 2020
- Saints release Pro Bowl guard Larry Warford May 8th, 2020