Panthers get defensive tackle Derrick Brown signed
The Carolina Panthers have signed seventh-overall pick Derrick Brown to his rookie contract.
It's a four-year deal with the standard fifth-year team option for first-rounders. The Panthers committed their entire draft to revamping their defense, which ranked among the league's worst in 2019. The obviously hopes Brown can be a blue-chip piece on their line for years to come.
The Panthers fielded the worst run defense in the league in 2019, but the addition of Brown should start the process of turning things around. Brown was one of the top run defenders in college football last year, and earned Pro Football Focus grades of over 90.0 in each of the last two years.
- Cowboys "might have some interest" in David Njoku July 3rd, 2020
- Browns tight end David Njoku has requested to be traded July 3rd, 2020
- Bengals defensive back Trae Waynes has not taken physical July 3rd, 2020
- 49ers' D.J. Reed suffers torn pectoral July 3rd, 2020
- Seahawks a potential landing spot for Antonio Brown July 3rd, 2020
- Browns' Jordan Elliott signs rookie contract July 2nd, 2020
- Rhule: 'We feel like we have the power to be able to take advantage of throwing the ball downfield' June 26th, 2020
- Curtis Samuel considered paramount for Panthers' success June 19th, 2020
- Seth DeValve released by Panthers June 3rd, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Panthers get defensive tackle Derrick Brown signed May 11th, 2020
- Panthers waive running back Marcus Murphy May 4th, 2020