Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery
The New Orleans Saints have agreed to a deal with former Jets running back Ty Montgomery, according to NewOrleans.Football's Nick Underhill.
A third-round draft selection by the Packers back in 2015, Montgomery spent his first three seasons in Green Bay, before joining the Baltimore Ravens in the middle of the 2018 season and spending all of last year with the New York Jets. As a Jet, he converted 32 rushing attempts into 103 yards (3.2 yards per attempt) and caught 13 of 17 targets (76.5%) for 90 yards (7.2 yards per reception). He joins a Saints' backfield headlined by Alvin Kamara, alongside Latavius Murray and Dwayne Washington.
Montgomery earned a grade of 58.5 from Pro Football Focus last season, the second-lowest grade of his career.
- 49ers' George Kittle reportedly could make $13 million annually July 2nd, 2020
- Jets "still talking" with free agent Demaryius Thomas July 1st, 2020
- Jets expect Chris Herndon to play key receiving role July 1st, 2020
- Packers sign Jordan Love to 4-year deal July 1st, 2020
- Green Bay's A.J. Dillon signs 4-year rookie contract July 1st, 2020
- Buffalo's Duke Williams facing serious roster competition July 1st, 2020
- Saints: Alvin Kamara played through knee, ankle, back issues June 15th, 2020
- Saints' Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to mostly cover slot June 9th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Jay Glazer: Taysom Hill next in line for Saints May 20th, 2020
- Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery May 15th, 2020
- Saints release Pro Bowl guard Larry Warford May 8th, 2020