Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery
The New Orleans Saints have agreed to a deal with former Jets running back Ty Montgomery, according to NewOrleans.Football's Nick Underhill.
A third-round draft selection by the Packers back in 2015, Montgomery spent his first three seasons in Green Bay, before joining the Baltimore Ravens in the middle of the 2018 season and spending all of last year with the New York Jets. As a Jet, he converted 32 rushing attempts into 103 yards (3.2 yards per attempt) and caught 13 of 17 targets (76.5%) for 90 yards (7.2 yards per reception). He joins a Saints' backfield headlined by Alvin Kamara, alongside Latavius Murray and Dwayne Washington.
Montgomery earned a grade of 58.5 from Pro Football Focus last season, the second-lowest grade of his career.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Saints re-sign Jameis Winston to one-year contract March 15th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021