Redskins receiver Cody Latimer taken into custody
Washington Redskins wide receiver Cody Latimer has been taken into police custody on charges of assault, reckless endangerment, illegal discharge of a firearm, and prohibited use of a weapon.
Latimer likely faces a significant suspension from the league following these events. There's a significant chance that Latimer's NFL days are over.
Latimer never lived up to his second-round draft capital from the 2014 NFL Draft, especially compared to his peers in that legendary wide receiver draft class. While Washington has a paper-thin depth chart at wide receiver, he was already a long-shot bet for significant production in the 2020 season.
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Aaron Rodgers plans to play for Packers this season July 26th, 2021
- Michael Carter tabbed 'eventual 1A' for Jets backfield July 26th, 2021
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- J.D. McKissic bulking up for more work in Washington backfield July 19th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) not participating in minicamp June 13th, 2021
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery January 10th, 2021
- Washington's Taylor Heinecke starting under center on Saturday January 9th, 2021