Jets may not re-sign safety Marcus Maye
Rich Cimini of ESPN believes that the New York Jets are unlikely to re-sign safety Marcus Maye following the 2020 season.
Maye, a second-round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, is in the final year of his rookie contract. The Jets drafted another safety in the second round of this year's draft in Ashtyn Davis, which, as Cimini points out, mirrors the build-up to the team trading Leonard Williams a season ago.
Maye has been solid for the Jets in his sophomore and junior campaigns, earning grades of 80.0 and 74.6 respectively from Pro Football Focus in those seasons. There have been rumors since last season of the team trading away fellow safety Jamal Adams, but Maye could be the player on the trade block if Davis lives up to his draft capital in 2020.
- Derrick Henry dominates for 3 scores in Titans' comeback victory September 19th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski finds endzone twice in blowout victory September 19th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Kyler Murray scores 4 times in wild Cardinals win September 19th, 2021
- Marquise Brown (ankle) active for Ravens Sunday night September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) could return for Jets in Week 2 September 13th, 2021
- Jets losing top OL Mekhi Becton (knee) 4-6 weeks September 13th, 2021