Patrick Chung reportedly extends with Patriots through 2023
New England Patriots safety Patrick Chung signed a 2-year extension through 2023, reports Field Yates of ESPN.
The deal includes $3 million at signing and can net Chung up to $12.8M over the next four years. Chung has started 122 games with the Patriots since they drafted him with the 34th overall pick back in 2009, but he's nearly 33 and not quite the player he used to be. Chung logged his fewest defensive snaps since 2012 last season and was no longer utilized on special teams.
The Patriots D/ST is 5th in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Chung received a 54.9 overall defensive grade from Pro Football Focus last season, ranking 122nd out of 128 safeties to play at least 500 defensive snaps.
- Jets' Gase reportedly wanted Marcus Maye dealt July 6th, 2020
- David Njoku reportedly 'big part' of Browns July 6th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes signs 10-year, $450 million extension with Chiefs July 6th, 2020
- Chiefs expect 'big jump' from Damien Williams July 5th, 2020
- Lions sign second round pick D'Andre Swift to 4-year deal July 4th, 2020
- Bills' Gabriel Davis 'could be a plug-and-play weapon' this season July 4th, 2020
- Cam Newton arrives in New England to take physical July 4th, 2020
- Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots July 2nd, 2020
- Howe: Cam Newton 'wasn't guaranteed the Patriots starting job' June 30th, 2020
- Cam Newton recommended to Patriots by Norv Turner June 29th, 2020
- Jarrett Stidham reportedly still in Patriots' QB competition June 29th, 2020
- Cam Newton reportedly agrees with Patriots on 1-year deal June 28th, 2020