Dre Greenlaw or Kwon Alexander will be 49ers' starting weakside linebacker
San Francisco 49ers linebackers Dre Greenlaw and Kwon Alexander are both in consideration to be the team's starting weakside linebacker, per David Lombardi of The Athletic.
The loser will be the team's starter on the other side, but the WLB will remain on the field in nickel packages. Greenlaw won the other starting job out of camp last season and then saw his role increased once Alexander suffered a season-ending injury in Week 9. His 92 tackles were fourth-most among all rookies last season.
The 49ers D/ST is 2nd in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. numberFire's models project Greenlaw for 102.1 tackles and Alexander for 92.4 tackles.
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon cleared for Week 3 clash with Packers September 24th, 2021
- San Francisco's Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) doubtful for Week 3's game against Packers September 24th, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) missing from practice September 23rd, 2021
- Trey Sermon (concussion) in non-contact jersey again for 49ers September 23rd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021