Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) 'little ahead of schedule'
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Jarvis Landry (hip surgery) said he's "a little bit ahead of schedule" in rehab.
“The rehab process is going great,” Landry said Wednesday during a Zoom video conference with Browns beat writers. “It’s just a little difficult obviously with some of the modality type of things that I’ve been doing that obviously with quarantine and everything I hadn’t been able to have access to. So that that’s kind of been the toughest part of it. Right now, I’m a little bit ahead of schedule ... You know, I can’t predict when exactly I’ll be on the field ... But obviously my [anticipated] return date is sometime in August.” Landry is about three and a half months into a 6-8 month recovery timeline from February labrum surgery. Even if he's not ready by August, the Browns expect Landry to be ready for Week 1. He set a career-high with 1,174 yards last season.
Landry is the WR30 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 125.7 targets, 69.2 receptions, 955.5 yards, and 5.2 touchdowns. His 8.5 yards per target last season ranked 16th among 30 receivers with 100-plus targets. He finished 18th in that same group in numberFire's advanced per-target receiving metric.
- Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season July 2nd, 2020
- Tavon Young (neck) 'ready to go' for Ravens July 2nd, 2020
- Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots July 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne extension discussed by 49ers July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel reportedly dealing with 'classic' Jones fracture July 2nd, 2020
- Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver July 2nd, 2020
- Browns will wait on offensive play-caller decision June 27th, 2020
- Browns say Jarvis Landry (hip surgery) 'looking great' June 26th, 2020
- Odell Beckham (abdominal surgery) '100 percent' for Browns June 26th, 2020
- Kareem Hunt keen on staying in Cleveland June 22nd, 2020
- Browns believe Rashard Higgins can contribute June 19th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) improving in recovery June 18th, 2020