49ers' D.J. Jones (ankle) fully recovered
San Francisco 49ers defensive tackle D.J. Jones says he has fully recovered from a high-ankle sprain he suffered last December.
Jones described himself as "100 percent" and said he's been able to run and cut while working out this offseason. He had emerged as a full-time starter in his third season and recorded 2.0 sacks, 4 tackles for loss, and a forced fumble in 11 games before going down. However, the 49ers spent their first pick (14th overall) in this year's draft on fellow defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw, so Jones may have some competition for the starting gig. The 2017 sixth-rounder turned 25 in January.
Jones was graded 67.8 in overall defense by Pro Football Focus last season. He ranked 54th out of 116 interior defenders with at least 250 defensive snaps.
- Colts "confident" Parris Campbell (abdomen) will play in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman Jr. (ankle) expected to play Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- D'Wayne Eskridge (concussion) doubtful for Seahawks Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Rashaad Penny (calf) doubtful for Seahawks in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell "expected" to lead 49ers' backfield Sunday September 19th, 2021
- 49ers: Brandon Aiyuk Week 1 usage due to hamstring tweak September 17th, 2021
- Trey Sermon to be active Sunday for 49ers September 17th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (hamstring) logs full practice on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert undergoing season-ending knee surgery September 14th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell 'stepped up' for 49ers in backfield quagmire September 13th, 2021