Seahawks sign Carlos Hyde to one-year deal
The Seattle Seahawks have reached an agreement with former Houston Texans' running back Carlos Hyde, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Hyde is currently recovering from surgery to repair a torn labrum.
Two days after it was reported that the Seahawks where in talks with Hyde, they signed the former Texans' running back. Seattle, along with the Philadelphia Eagles, has been in the market for a veteran running back for most of the offseason, after it became apparent that Rashaad Penny would not be ready for Week 1 following an ACL injury last season. Hyde is coming off a 1,000+ yard season in Houston, where he handled 274 carries and scored 6 touchdowns. It remains to be seen how he will be utilized alongside Chris Carson, Travis Homer, and DeeJay Dallas, but if his career numbers are any indication, he won't soak up much volume in the passing game. Hyde is doubtful for the start of training camp as he recovers from off season surgery, but is expected to be ready for Week 1.
Hyde earned a running grade of 77.2 from Pro Football Focus last season, the highest mark of his career, and 16th best at his position. Chris Carson finished 2019 with a PFF running grade of 77.9, 9th best among running backs. numberFire's preseason projections have Chris Carson as their RB15 for the upcoming season.
- Tavon Young (neck) 'ready to go' for Ravens July 2nd, 2020
- Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots July 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne extension discussed by 49ers July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel reportedly dealing with 'classic' Jones fracture July 2nd, 2020
- Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle reportedly could make $13 million annually July 2nd, 2020
- Antonio Brown reportedly unlikely to land with Ravens June 25th, 2020
- Antonio Brown reportedly discussed by Seahawks, Ravens June 23rd, 2020
- Seahawks' rookie Colby Parkinson reportedly breaks foot June 22nd, 2020
- Carlos Hyde (shoulder) expects to be ready for Seahawks' opener June 9th, 2020
- Seahawks sign receiver Freddie Swain to rookie deal June 8th, 2020
- Chris Carson the clear starter in Seattle June 8th, 2020